A while back I found myself in the need of an adjustable RF attenuator capable of high-GHz operation. As luck would have it I had an old Spectrum analyser on the shelf at work, which we had retired quite some time ago. Spectrum analysers being quite capable test instruments, I
While sourcing the main propulsion hydraulic system for nb Tanya Louise in the summer, we thought that it would be convenient to have an on board generator that didn’t require dragging off the boat & highly explosive petrol to operate. As the hydraulics were already being fitted, we decided to
Finally, after months of messing about with the original seller of the generator unit, (Mike Webb from hydraulicgenerators.co.uk, more to come about the nightmare I had dealing with this man), we have had to purchase a new hydraulic control valve for the genset, as the original unit supplied was missing
This is a late 90’s business timeclock, used for maintaining records of staff working times, by printing the time when used on a sheet of card. Here is the top cover removed, which is normally locked in place to stop tampering. The unit is programmed with the 3 buttons &
I bought one of these cheap HID kits from eBay to build a high-brightness work light that I could run from my central 12v supply. At £14.99 I certainly wasn’t expecting anything more than the usual cheap Chinese construction. And that’s definitely what I got 😀 The casing is screwed
An old IDE interface Zip drive. This fits in a standard 3.5″ bay. Top cover removed from the drive, IDE & power interfaces at the top, in centre is the eject solenoid assembly & the head assembly. Bottom is the spindle drive motor. Head assembly with the top magnet removed.